Dowsil Firestop 700 Fire Retardant Silicone 380ml x 12
DOWSIL™ Firestop 700 is a one-part, neutral curing silicone sealant ideal for preventing the spread of smoke and flames through expansion joints, or penetration seals in curtain walling, building facades or partition walls. Benefits are:
- A fire rating of up to 4 hours can be achieved
- Excellent unprimed adhesion to most porous and non-porous construction substrates
- Fast cure - tack free in 2 hours
- Tested to BS 476 Part 22:1987
- Neutral cure type
- Conforms to ISO 11600-F&G-25LM
- Excellent weathering characteristics, including resistance to ozone, UV radiation and temperature extremes
- CE marked as a fire resistant according to ETAG 026
- The sealing of expansion joints and pipe and cable penetrations in fire rated structures.
- The provision of fire rated systems where expansion joints or penetration seals are required in curtain walling, building facades or partition walls.
Surfaces must be dry and dust free. Cut the cartridge seal and screw on nozzle which should be cut to required size. Gun the sealant firmly into joint ensuring no air is trapped behind. If required place masking tape along joint edges, removing within 5 minutes of application.